1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Gt ax 11000 Aimesh

Discussion in 'ASUS AX Routers & Adapters' started by Nickrog101, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Nickrog101

Nickrog101 New Around Here

Ok. Just went ahead and purchased 2 asus gt ax11000 routers. Had a question how aimesh works. I know how to setup to the aimesh itself.
    But... if I change a setting into main router, such as channel or bandwidth, does the node change as well? Also will the firmware update as well if I update main router?

edit: or should I return one of my ax11000 and get a ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 instead for the node

thanks

2. sanke1

sanke1 Senior Member

3. SadikP

SadikP Occasional Visitor

I have 2 AX11000 routers set up in an AiMesh.

I can confirm that the node carries the same settings as the main router.

I'm using 5Ghz-2 as a dedicated backhaul in AX mode only @160MHz. Does anyone know how I can check the link speeds between the router and the node?

4. Nickrog101

Nickrog101 New Around Here

How do you setup wireless backhaul (5G-2) from router to node in ax wireless WiFi 6? Is it possible.

have 2 ax11000 routers

5. SadikP

SadikP Occasional Visitor

I have 2 AX11000 routers.

Set up the mesh Router & Node. The 5-2 band is dedicated backhaul by default.
    Then configured the the 5-2 as AX only. I would assume that main router & node uplink is now AX/WiFi6 only.

Applied settings and rebooted both the main router & node.
    see here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]