1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

New GT-AC2900 won't join AiMesh as a node

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by AlphaGator, Sep 9, 2019.

1. AlphaGator

AlphaGator Occasional Visitor

I have an RT-AC5300 as the AiMesh Router and tried setting up the GT-AC2900 as a node, but it keeps failing. I then setup the AC2900 as a normal router and checked for a firmware upgrade (since it is new out of the box) and it said that it is up to date.

Any suggestions?

2. Grisu

Grisu Part of the Furniture

make a factory reset, dont change anything, power on and try again on main-router to join it.
    Also try both ways Wifi nearby and master-LAN to node-WAN.
    Enable WPS on master router.

3. AlphaGator

AlphaGator Occasional Visitor

This is resolved. For some reason, my AC5300 firmware wasn't current and when I tried to check for new firmware on the web interface it kept saying it couldn't connect. So I tried the app and it was able to do the f/w upgrade. It paired after updating the main router.