[ROG RAPTURE GT-AX11000] Experiences & Discussion

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

AndyD

Occasional Visitor
While waiting for Amazon to deliver the new GT-AX11000, I have opened this thread to discuss this new flagship router.
I am going to pair it with my existing RT-AX88U in a mesh configuration

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Why spend 350$ on the RT-AX88U if it will only be used as a node?

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
Mine is on its way. It will be here Sat. I am excited to use the 2.5gb port. Hopefully Asus add WPA3 support.

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
How were you able to buy the router? I’ve been looking on Newegg and it seems to be sold out.

Ebay. Someone bought it because a of a recommendation and when he got it scratched off the COD key. Then found out it was too much of a router for him and could not return it since he scratched of the key. I got it for $360. It was only used to try to setup.

Msort82

New Around Here
Oh ok! Give us your thoughts once you receive it, I’m interested in this router as well and will be interested to see your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
Oh ok! Give us your thoughts once you receive it, I’m interested in this router as well and will be interested to see your thoughts.

Will do, I am moving from a GT-AC5300 so it should be very close.

Msort82

New Around Here
Cool! Yeah I’m currently rocking a rt-ac86u and the household is starting to fill with more and more devices so.... looking for a beefier router. If I do purchase the gt once it’s out I will run the 86u in AiMesh.

Philipsguy

Occasional Visitor
Tried to get the router's 2,5 Gbit port working with the Asus XG-U2008 switch 10Gbit port but the switch only says 1 Gbit speed (white led, not blue). Both support 802.3bz?!

madhatter01

Regular Contributor
Tried to get the router's 2,5 Gbit port working with the Asus XG-U2008 switch 10Gbit port but the switch only says 1 Gbit speed (white led, not blue). Both support 802.3bz?!
Your switch uses a Marvell 88X3220 which does 1gb or 10gb. The router uses a Aquantia AQR109 chipset which does 1gb or 2.5gb. I dont think they are compatible since the Marvell does not list 2.5gb supported. Best guess.

madhatter01

Regular Contributor

Sorry been busy. So far only real issue is my Amazon Fire tv is having issues with it. Netflix is slow and I have tried hard wire and wifi. Also HiDive (An anime app) wont stream on the Amazon TV. Apple tv is no issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!