My ring devices are quite happy on the 2.4ghz network, no issues for numerous months.I have a questions about AiMesh and the AX11000.
I'm getting a second AX11000 today from a friend. He went a different way with this network. My plan is set it up as an AiMesh endpoint at my desk.
My plan is the following:
- Deploy AiMesh via WiFi
- Connect 2 laptops via RJ45
- (One has a failing WLAN adaptor)
- Anyone have issues with Ring devices connecting via AiMesh?
- Can the AiMesh endpoint LAN ports be used?
- Can the USB port application be used on the AiMesh end point?
- One of the RJ45 connect devices will be a Mac. I would like to use Air Time Machine locally on the AiMesh end point and backup the attached Mac.
- Are there any features unique to AiMesh once enabled?
Ai mesh nodes also act as a media bridge, so yes, Lan ports are fine to use. ( It's what my nodes mainly get used for around the house)
In terms of time machine on the node, can be enabled via enabling the GUI via SSH. (Saw a post on one of threads on here about it, can't remember which thread it was posted in though)
Edit: this post - https://www.snbforums.com/threads/set-up-usb-samba-and-download-master-in-ainode.63373/